Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Unexpected Slammed Doors


I just found out that I have a few more units to take than I expected in order to graduate in June. I had a temporary freak out, but now that I know what I have to do I will just buckle down and get it done. It's really a drag when your academic adviser screws up and misinforms you. But I am over my frustration at him and now am just trying to plan my life for the next year. I might go to Bosnia in the summer. It's very tentative, but I applied for a short term thing over there. I hope it works out because I think it would be very cool. But now this possibly not graduating in June thing seems to be throwing a wrench into the mix. But I just need to trust God. As the pastor at Celebration, Aaron Porter (who I love) says, "A shut door doesn't always mean God is telling you no, sometimes God wants you to bust that door down." So I'm going to keep pursuing this... and we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Jo Maslen said...

I love your blog... Just wanted you to know! You have inspired me to start mine again! I love you and am praying for you...

Karen said...

Jo, thanks! Do you have a blog? I didn't know... what's the url? I want to read it!